1) Define C-language.
Ans: C-language is a structured programming language that divides the program into many functions.
2) When and who developed C-language?
Ans: Dennis Ritchie at Bell telephone laboratory-developed C-language in 1972 AD.
3) Why is C called middle level language?
Ans: C is called middle-level language because it combines elements of high-level language with some features of assembler. A high-level language tries to give the programmer everything through built-in language. A low-level language forces programmer to define function directly from the user level.
4) What are the uses of C-language?
Ans: C is mostly used to write system programs such as operating systems, language, compiler, text editor, language interpreters, utilities, etc.
5) List the characteristics of C-language.
Ans: The characteristics are :
- i) It is a high-level language with some features of the low-level language.
- ii) It is mostly used to prepare system software.
iii) It is a structured programming language with a function procedure.
- iv) It supports local and global variables.
- v) It has only 32 characters.
6) What are the operators? What are the different types of C operators?
Ans: Operators are special symbols that are meant for specific tasks or operators.
The different types of C operators are:-
7) What are urinary operators? State the rules of logical operators.
Ans: The operator that operates on one operand variable or constant is called a urinary operator.
The logical operator is:
1) // It connects two expressions into one.
2) && operators connects two expression into one. Both expression must be true for the overall expression must be true for the overall expression to be true
3)! operator reverses the “truth” of an expression
8) Why is C language popular than QBASIC?
Ans: Due to the following reasons C language is popular than QBASIC
1) It is reliable, simple and easy to use
2) Programs are written in care efficient and fast
3) It occupies less memory space
4) Programs written in C can be reused
9) What do you mean by source code and object code?
Ans: The instructions written using C language is known as source code.
The machine-readable code which is obtained after translation is called object code.
10) What is structured programming?
Ans: The programming that follows a top-down approach, on which developers separate the overall program structure into different sub selections is called structured programming.
11) Write any two advantages of structured programming?
Ans: The two advantages of structured programming are:
- a) It is easy to design code and test the program modules independently
- b) It is possible to use a single module that is different in different places which reduces program codes.
12) Write down the features of C- language.
Ans: The features of the structured language are:
- a) C is the structured programming language.
- b) C has a powerful set of operators.
- c) C is a high-level programming language.
- d) C contains very less number of keywords
13) Comparing C and QBASIC languages.
It is a high-level language without features of a low-level language.
It is a high-level language with some features of the low-level language.
It is mostly used to design application software.
It is mostly used to prepare system software.
It supports structure programming with sub and function procedures.
It is a structured programming language with a function procedure.
It supports local and global variables.
It also supports local and global variables.
IBM PC version of BASIC has around 159 keywords.
It has only 32 keywords.
14) What is the top-down designing model?
Ans: Dividing a complex task into many small modules in order to perform the task is called top-down design.
15) Mention the advantages of C language.
Ans: Advantages of C language:
- a) Readability
- b) Maintainability
- c) Portability
- d) Reusability
16) What are the different types of C language?
Ans: Different types of C language are:
- a) Common C
- b) ANSI C
17) What do you mean by source code and object code?
Ans: The machine-readable code written which is obtained after the translation is called object code.
The instructions written using C language C language is known as source code.
18) What are the advantages of C language?
Ans: the advantages of C language are:-
- a) It is the machine-independent programming language
- b) It is easy to learn and implemented C language
- c) It can be implemented from mobile devices to mainframe computers.
- d) It is the mother of all modern programming language like python, pearl 5 and PHP
19) What are the disadvantages of C language?
Ans: The disadvantages of C languages are:-
- a) There is no runtime checking. It has a poor error detection system.
- b) On large programs, it is hard to find errors.
- c) There is no strict type checking int data type to float variables.
- d) It does not support modern programming methodologies oriented programming language.
21) Define counter and accumulator in terms of looping.
Ans: A counter is a variable that controls the loop statement and provides the track to run the loop statement in a certain number of times.
The accumulator is a numeric variable that accumulates the values in a loop statement.